DEvelopment Vehicle for Scientific Survey
DEVSS is an electric vehicle developed in collaboration with ISPRA. Equipped with marine or aerial propellers, it can be remotely controlled or configured for autonomous missions, with or without supervision by a human.
It can operate on surfaces up to 500 m and consists of a SAE 304 stainless steel tubular core, mounted on two neoprene inflatables that ensure its floating in water. It is designed to accommodate a watertight suitcase and additional devices, such as multi-beams, cameras, scanners, sonars, DVLs, etc.
DEVSS has been designed to obtain a semi-autonomous monitoring and environmental analysis system, but its features make it suitable for many potential uses: for example, the optical or acoustic acquisition of the seabed.
- Amount of space: 1,50x1,45 m (HxL)
- Draught: max about 15 cm
- Payload: max 15 Kg
- Navigation mode: Totally autonomous or remote controlled
- Propulsion: 2 aeronautical propellers driven by brushless motors with rotating casing
- Action range: 500 mt
- Power supply: a pair of Lipo batteries 15V to 32A with AC charging system
- TMAVLink telemetry at 868 Mhz
- GPS module with electronic compass and Galileo support
- Radio Control RC 2.4 GHz
- Real-time navigation control
- Mission planning software
Fields of application