The gates of the new Museum of Oil and Olives of Torre Santa Susanna (Brindisi) will open its gate on the next 21st of June. The museum has been commissioned by the Municipium of Torre Santa Susanna in the person of the Mayor, On.le Dr, Michele Saccomanno and designed and mounted by 3D Research.
The exhibit is arranged into three sections, each one dedicated to one of the main steps of the olive oil production; it is a multimedia journey enriched by images, sounds and tours in virtual reality.
The activities organized for the opening will keep on during all the evening of the 21st and the whole 22nd of June, with conferences and insights about the olive oil, tastings curated by the Slow Food Puglia Consortium and guided tours throughout the city.
The complete programme below:
Friday 21st June
- 18.00: Opening of the Museum of Oil and Olives, at Piazza Umberto I, n.1, Torre Santa Susanna (BR);
- 19.00: Conference "La Co(u)ltura dell'olivo nel Mediterraneo Rischi e Certezze", at Castello Conti Filo della Torre. Experts of the field, hosts coming from Greece and Montenegro and from CIA, experts of the Slow Food Consortium will join the conference.
- 20.30: aperitif organized by Slow Food Puglia with products of the food Communities and Slow Food Presidium.
- 21.30: guided tour to the Torre Santa Susanna Hypogeum, curated by the local Pro Loco.
Saturday 22nd June
- 10.00: introduction to "Guida agli Extravergini 2019" at Castello Conti Filo della Torre. Experts of Slow Food Consortium and Authorities will join the debate. In the end, the award ceremony of olive oil manufacturers will take place.
- 12.30: aperitif organized by Slow Food Puglia with products of the food Communities and Slow Food Presidium.
- 14.00: Opening of tasting corners of extra virgin olive oils, curated by Slow Food Puglia, at the Museum of Oil and Olives. During the afternoon, the Municipium of Torre Santa Susanna will organize guided tours of the main monuments of the city, included the little church of Santa Maria in Crepacore, the San Nicola Church and the Maria di Galaso Sanctuary, until 22.00 hour.